Thursday, October 20, 2011

meet robyn :: girl a go-go designs

i am excited to introduce to you all my good friend robyn from girl a go-go designs! robyn and i have shared space at several markets and shows and i always have a fantastic time with her. she has some wonderful items available for the holidays - i have already tucked away a couple color-your-own-bunnies for harper and esmé and can hardly wait for them to open them!

 here is robyn - enjoy!

Tell us about yourself and the wonderful things that you create!
My name is Robyn and I am Girl A Go-Go Designs. I live in Boise, Idaho, with my husband, three kids and a myriad of pets. I love to be creative. I always have. I used to draw and paint and batik, but with the constant interruptions of home life, I had to find something that I could easily stop and start. So I took up sewing. I’m really enjoying using different fabrics and coming up with my own designs and patterns. I like the challenge of hunting for materials that I can reuse and seeing beyond what it is now to what the potential could be.

When did you learn your craft and who taught you?
I learned how to sew in my grade 8 Home Ec class. Funny thing is, I never really liked it. But when I took it up again, all those things that I learned suddenly came rushing back.

Where do you get inspiration for your handmade items?
I don’t have a particular source of inspiration. Sometimes ideas just pop into my head from looking at a particular piece of fabric. It helps being surrounded by creative people to share the spirit and joy of making.
colour-your-own-doll {mermaid} i LOVE these!!

Are there any new items in the works for your shop?
There is always something on the back burner of my mind for new things. Right now it’s getting ready for a fun holiday season. Since I’ve been working with reclaimed burlap lately, I’m flooded with ideas on how to use it to make unique decorations for the home.
little basket made from reclaimed burlap and hand stenciled.

Do you have any other hobbies or passions?

Besides sewing, I like to crochet and bead. I’m also an avid reader. I’ve gone back to school to become a library technician so my studies have taken a priority in my life. Since I love books and libraries, this is really up my alley.

Please let us know where we can find you - etsy, blog, facebook, etc.
Here are a few of the places that you can find me:
Twitter - RobynJane

No comments: