Sunday, September 07, 2008

swap magic!

every few months my crafty girlfriends and i plan little swaps, usually involving yarn or fabric. this time we did another magic yarn ball swap. i randomly paired everyone up and we swapped hand dyed yarn adorned with sweets and fun little items chosen especially for our recipients.
i made this MYB (okay, i acknowledge that it is not an actual "ball"... i ran out of time!) for my friend, chelsea. i included some organic hot cocoa, vanilla syrup, an organic dark chocolate bar, some cute little stitch markers, some autumn-y fabric, a travel candle and one of my little fabric button rings. it was all wrapped up with 8 ounces of hand dyed wool. this is a newly created colorway that i named freya after her sweet baby girl.


this is the gorgeous wool yarn that i received from my friend becca. it is the most beautiful autumn colors and i cannot wait to see how it knits up. i am still trying to decide what it should become. i think i have enough of it that i can knit a wool diaper cover and hat for harper. but the colors are so amazing i might just knit it up for myself...
in addition to the hand dyed wool i also received some dark chocolate, chocolate covered coffee beans, lip gloss, a couple cute little necklace kits and a $10 gift card to starbucks (cinnamon dolce latte moola!!)

and, here is what kept me busy most of the afternoon on friday. i had local orders to fill as well as a few orders to send out for the shop. diaper balms, nipple balms, foaming wipe wash, smell better butters, body butters, and foaming baby wash in all it's organic glory!

nothing left to do now but sit and knit... i love this season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love Magic Ball of Yarn swaps! They are SO much fun!! Both packages (the one you sent and received) are fantastic!!! I can't wait to see what you knit up with that gorgeous yarn.

I have to tell you, I LOVE my smell better butter! I am going to do a whole blog post about it, because it is AWESOME!!! I am really impressed Erika! Thanks again!