Sunday, March 29, 2009

our earth hour

we turned off the lights, lit some candles and participated in earth hour last night. it was just as fun as last year. this time esme' did quite a bit of planning so we had plenty to do. simon says, mother may i, a crazy dance contest, story telling, and a few made up games kept us occupied.

i tried to do an exclusive earth hour in-the-dark interview with esme' and here is what i got ::



amy from crunchy domestic goddess wrote a wonderful post yesterday about the importance of changing our daily habits to really make a difference.

she wrote ::
While I believe it has the power to affect change, I think if people, businesses, corporations and governments just do this one thing - turn out their lights for one hour - without changing any other of their habits, it’s really moot. And I question how many people are doing it just to be a part of something trendy and make themselves feel good. Turning out our lights for an hour isn’t going to solve global warming. However, if everyone uses Earth Hour as a springboard to take another step and another step and find little changes they can make to live greener and more sustainably, then it’s a great thing.
i completely agree and will continue to make staunch efforts to live greener and more responsibly beyond earth hour.

so, this earth hour... it may not be saving our planet in 60 minutes but it sure makes family time fun!

4 comments:

kraftykash said...

It sounds like you all had a good time. I love the video. Your kiddos sound very happy. Enjoy your day!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Love it! Your kids are so cute!

Val

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Erika, I got your package today. I LOVE the buttons! Thanks so much! You really brightened up this bad day for me. Thanks!

Val

Anonymous said...

I ended up napping. *L* I started off crocheting but then decided that I didn't have enough light and was too lazy to find more. I closed my eyes and dozed. It was LOVELY.

Love the video. Awesome to get the kids in on it. Ours were in bed by then. :)