Thursday, April 02, 2009

simple, but so sweet

i was away from my family last night while attending a good friend's birth. it was especially hard on little harper who still co sleeps and nurses during the night. it was hard on mama too. and daddy since he was stuck with a inconsolable 22 month old boy, missing his mama and his milky.


late in the night i got this text message ::

Harper says mama mayayam! Miss u! We are fine :)

that short little message made me smile, and feel lucky to have these incredible boys waiting for me. i came home at 10 o'clock this morning and was met with an enthusiastic hug from harper. and the hugs still haven't stopped- i have also had a good deal of cuddles and eskimo kisses from my little man. and that is simply the sweetest way to spend an afternoon, if you ask me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for awesome husbands that make these possible for us. :) And of course yay for the extra love upon your return.

Jess said...

Aw!! How sweet that he missed you so much. :)

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I'm getting lots of lovies from my toddler girls today I love huggies:) You take great pictures and your little guy is such a cutie:)Hugs Darcy

kraftykash said...

I dont know about you but, I dont get away from the kiddos mcuh. Its nice to know that they do miss you. Im glad you had some alone time!

Ria said...

That is so sweet!

Jessica said...

how sweet! I love that picture of him from behind

Val in the Rose Garden said...

How sweet! I love that. I bet you were a huge blessing to your friend though. Enjoy your lovies. :)

Val