Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The "Guarantee-I-have-a-boy" shorts!



I received this pretty yarn in a Knitting Supply Swap. I decided it would make adorable shorts, and, if I do have a boy, I can pass them along to another lucky Mama. I knitted them with just a tiny bit of the contrasting color at the top, got to the gusset and was running dangerously low on the main color. I was also unhappy with one of my short rows so after sitting unfinished in my knitting bag for a couple weeks I frogged them and started over, adding more pink at the top so I would have plenty of variegated yarn for the body and legs.

So... after all this I figure I am guaranteed to give birth to a boy baby, right?! Niko suggested that I knit a pair of boy shorts too, to even the odds! I think I will go ahead and knit a pair of boy shorts. That way no matter who this little one is we'll have a cute wardrobe waiting~

2 comments:

Heidi said...

if you have a boy I will buy them from you for Kahlan...

Jessica said...

They turned out beautiful Erika! And I told you if you have a boy, I owe you a boy soaker! LOL