Monday, January 01, 2007

Knitting in the New Year

Tony had to work until about 1:30 am, Esme' went to bed at 9 pm, and Riley and Niko went to bed about 2 seconds after midnight, so I had some time to... what else but... knit! So technically I knitted in the New Year! I am participating in the Stash Games at the Wooly Wonder forums so I am not buying yarn or knitting notions and trying to knit as many projects as possible from my stash yarn. Hmmm, maybe this will help me overcome my hoarding tendencies! The games started the day after Christmas and go until January 31st. I am hoping to knit through my endless skeins of Malabrigo that I have been "saving". Or at least make a pretty good dent in it! This will be a great time to do some Baby knitting too. In addition to knitting through my collected yarn I am also getting rid of yarn and notions I will likely never use. So far I have parted with 2 skeins of yarn, 2 pairs of needles, and some stitch markers. And I am not done yet. I still have some more yarn and a couple pattern books that will go too. Not too shabby for a hopeless fiber addict!

So, here is my first Knit n' Show of the new Year:

An Easy Peasy Cardigan for Esme' (thats 2 skeins of Malabrigo down~ several more to go!)

And a picture of Esme' in her cardigan and the Calorimetry Jr. headwarmer that I knitted for a friend's daughter (I get extra Stash Game points for knitting items to give away!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Good work E! :) Esme' is super cute in her sweater! :)