Saturday, July 07, 2007

Busy Needles...


It's been awhile since I have had any wooly fun to post... I guess it has something to do with a new Baby occupying most of my time lately! And I can assure you I wouldn't have it any other way! Despite spending most of my days cuddling and loving on this sweet little boy of mine, I have accomplished a few projects~


These are a pair of little shorts I knitted for a swap. They were for a little baby girl who is just a couple weeks older than Harper. It was fun knitting for a baby girl! But, back to the boy knits for me!


And here are our Magic Yarn Balls for another swap that Esme', Niko and I participated in. From left to right are my yarn ball, Niko's and little Esme's. This was Esme's very first swap and she is completely sucked in. She had as much fun putting this together for her swap partner as she did unwinding her own and discovering her loot!


And here is the yarny goodness we received in exchange. From left to right: my MYB from my friend Jessica in her Jade Monkey colorway and a skein of beautiful gold trim to go with it (I am planning to knit Harper some longies with this special yarn!), Niko's yarn in a pink and brown (her favorite color combination at the moment) from Jessica's daughter Kaitlyn, and Esme's very special yarn from her friend Rebekah. The colorway is "Beka's Berries". My loot isn't in the picture but I got 2 kinds of coffee, some vanilla syrup, some dark chocolate, and some yummy mint lip balm. I am enjoying some chocolate velvet coffee right this second and I had, um, chocolate for breakfast...


A box containing this wonderful wool arrived on my doorstep last week. It is for The Babywearing Poncho seen here. The photo does this yarn no justice. It is absolutely gorgeous. I will post updates on the progress of my poncho. My goal is to have it finished, washed and blocked by September!


And on my needles right now are a pair of shorts for Harper since he has outgrown practically every piece of wool he has. This is Malabrigo in the Curacao colorway.

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How fun! I love to knit and to see what everyone else is knitting too!

Steph