Thursday, July 09, 2009

july, so far

july has been keeping us busy! here is a brief run down on what we've been up to.

i received a wonderful seasonal celebrations swap package from my partner. poems, photos, recipes (ginger beer! YUM!) and sweet little books of blank writing and coloring paper which the kids happily collected right away.

she also sent this adorable fabric neck tie for harper and a wool felt crown for esme'.

and look, harper says, reversible!
(truth be told, this photo shoot required us to play a beloved kid songs video to keep 2 year old boy stationary for a few seconds. see the hypnotic look on his face? sigh, whatever works, i guess.)

we have been visiting the BUGS produce stand every wednesday, for both the fresh veggies and the ambiance. it has become a favorite outing, for sure!


and, big, huge news in our home - this little girl lost her very first tooth on the 4th of july! she told me it was loose at the picnic we attended that afternoon, and by dinner time she emerged from the bathroom with a teeny, tiny tooth in her palm. i had these grand ideas of sewing a little pillow with a tooth pocket a few weeks ago but never did make one. so her first tooth went into a small drawstring bag under her pillow and hopefully i will have a few weeks before the next loss to make a super-special pillow/pocket/pouch.

today i am washing fabric so i can sew tank tops for the kids. we are taking a little road trip next week to camp, swim, visit family and friends, and whatever else falls in our path. of course such a trip requires new mama made clothes for the littles, no?

yours on the run,
erika

7 comments:

erika~ the inspired mama said...

ha! as i sit her looking at this post i am wondering, how did i not notice that HUGE mass of tangled hair on the back of my sweet boy's head?! that is funny! :)

birdstien said...

Haha! if it makes you feel any better I didn't notice the hair 'til you pointed it out :)

Christine

debra lynn said...

I too was late in making something special for my daughters first tooth. Got the special fairy made just in time for the second one though. She didn't mind. It's on my blog!

Jess said...

LOL! I didn't notice the hair until you said something!! ;)

heather jane said...

The hair kinda blends in with the fireplace!

I'm also washing knit for the tank tops. I picked up some ribbing at JoAnn today, and I bought a serger this week, too. Big news around here. Now I'm ready to sew some clothes!!! Very exciting stuff.

kraftykash said...

Sounds like a great summer! Its going way to fast here. Thanks gain for doing that swap!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do for a tooth fairy pillow. I have a lite sleeper. I might have to rig something up so the tooth fairy isn't waking her up. Hmmmm.

And fwiw I didn't notice the hair as I was reading either.