Thursday, July 23, 2009

there is no place like right here

we are home, safe and sound. we had ourselves a whole bunch of much needed fun!
lessons we learned during our road trip ::


throwing rocks into the river is therapeutic.

but we don't throw the pretty rocks.

bare feet in a cold stream on a hot day is heavenly.

animals eating straight out of your palm is a good way to start the day.


goggles are silly.

sensible shoes are essential.

a small hike does a body good after riding in the car for 6 hours.


on the road adventures are wonderful, but it is good to be home.

6 comments:

Tan Family said...

Lovely post! Now, I'm inspired.

kraftykash said...

I would LOVE to put my feet inthat stream right now! Love Harpers shoes!! Inspired in the sand is lovely. Glad you had a good time and are home at last. Missed you in the blog world!!

Anonymous said...

Love the shoes! ;)

And your writing is pretty.

Welcome home.

And lately whenever I see your little man in his amber necklace I get frustrated that I've lost E-Man's. I took it off for some reason and I haven't been able to find it for over a month now. :(

Lovely Little Lovelies said...

sounds like a great vacation! love the writing in the sand :)

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Welcome home. :) Wonderful pictures as always. I love the writing in the sand.

Val

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Oh, and sensible shoes... so true. Off to spend some money on some good sandles today. My back is a-hurtin' from the hike I took yesterday in flip flops. Stupid!

Val