Sunday, August 10, 2008

mama's baby's baby

this is harper's baby doll. we bought it at a thrift store when he was only a couple months old. he liked it for awhile and then it sat untouched and forgotten at the bottom of the toy box. last week he rediscovered his love for the baby doll. he was downright excited when we got the dolly sling out. now he can walk the baby around the house with his hands free to play! brilliant!


he brings me the baby and the sling at least once a day now. when his baby is snug in the pink-rosey carrier he just walks and walks all over the house, while his mama's heart swells with love.
*please ignore the very ugly wall in the background of that last photo~ our home is still in the process of remodel, big sigh. thank you for understanding!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ooooh, I love this. My daughter has carried her baby around in a sling for some time now. My favorite is when she needs to nurse the baby and very discreetly lifts her entire shirt up over her head!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Awwww how cute are these pictures!!!Hugs Darcy

tie-dyed doula said...

I noticed in your profile that you like Ben Harper-Girl...he is my baby daddy...just joking!!!

I love him too! Have you checked out Michael Franti? He won my heart a few years ago and most that love Ben, also love Michael.

Check him out if you get the chance-very political and of course, peaceful!

Your babies are beautiful-love the blog!!
Shine ON!!!