Monday, September 01, 2008

new season

it feels like september today. it is cool and breezy. it is starting to feel like curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a knitting project weather and i am so ready!
speaking of knitting i did finally finish my rusted root sweater. i love this pattern! i knit the whole thing in a week and then let it sit in my knitting bag waiting for the 3 measly rows of ribbing around the sleeves! talk about procrastination.

anyway, i love the fit and am already thinking about knitting a second one for next spring in a rust color.
and my garden... oh my! pumpkins, acorn squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, wildflowers... it is crazy and huge and it saddens me a little to see the vines start to turn brown and wither away. we have been busy everyday harvesting, peeling, chopping, baking, cooking and freezing so we can enjoy our gifts from the garden this winter, until the ground thaws once again...


2 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That's great!!! I just finished a baby sweater today and am starting on a hat to match since there's yarn left over!

Steph

Jess said...

It's very beautiful and you look smashing in it. ;) I am looking forward to sitting in the chair with a nice cup of tea and watching the leaves fall!! ahhh... perfect knitting weather!