Monday, July 14, 2008

my week... in color!!

we are very fortunate and get to go on a family vacation this summer! we are all very excited and thankful for the opportunity. our trip will include stops in jackson hole, wyoming, yellowstone national park, the lewis and clark caverns, and polson montana to visit grandma and grandpa. tony has some other fun things planned for us in between. we are leaving next week so i am already scrambling to get laundry done and make sure everyone has everything they need for the trip. packing for a trip like this is absolutely exhausting, and we will inevitably leave something important behind, but it is all worth it. the last time we went to yellowstone i forgot to pack my shirts. we were gone for 4 days and i only had the t-shirt i was wearing. thank goodness one of the nearby towns had a k-mart! when we returned home i found all my shirts intended for my suitcase, carefully folded and sitting on the bed. and just this last winter we went away for a long weekend and the bag containing all the clothes for myself and the baby was left behind. i told tony that if i had known that i would be wearing that outfit all weekend i would have been a little more selective when i was getting dressed!
so, while i am gone in an effort to keep my little blog from getting lonely, i am putting together some fun color inspired posts! each day of the week will be dedicated to a different color. i will post photos from around my home, my sewing room, my garden, my knitting bag, anywhere really, that include that color. my color week will be next week, monday through saturday. i would love to have you all join me!
monday~ blue
tuesday~ green
wednesday~ yellow
thursday~ orange
friday~ red/pink
saturday~ purple
leave me a comment so i can come and see your color week photos!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Erika! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll tray and play along this week w/ your color a day theme - sounds like fun! ~ Kris

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

How fun- can't wait for your photos!

Steph

Brown Birdy said...

HEY! Get on it! lol Where are the posts! Or did you mean next week?

erika~ the inspired mama said...

yep, next week jamie ;)