Tuesday, July 01, 2008

mama's got 'em covered!

yesterday was another sewing day~ this time it was pants. it all started when the girls requested jammie pants. i made this pair for esme' since there was just enough of this fabric left...
then matching pants for the two of them. all three pairs were made from thrifted bed sheets! there are a lot of fun things you can make from thrifted bed sheets, like a super simple summer skirt. and look, there is even a flickr group where you can share your thrifted sheet creations!
and to include harper in all the mama made fun i sewed him the cutest little pants. they are actually kind of capri length. daddy calls them board shorts. big brother calls them short pants. and i think i heard the term manpris used a time or two.
whatever they are called they are absoulutely adorable on our little guy. while there is nothing like having a bunch of kids standing next to my sewing machine in their undies waiting for pants, i think i'll take a break for a few days and persue some other hobbies. maybe i'll read a book, or play with my new-ish spinning wheel...


2 comments:

Yvette said...

Okay this is too funny! I was on flickr this morning and from there landed on your blog and was admiring the placemats and the red back and I get back from the grocery store and there are the very same placemats waiting for me! I LOVE them they are too cute and I love the potholders too. Thanks for the fun swap. :o) Have a great 4th!

Yvette said...

oops I mean "red bag" not "red back".... I really shouldn't type when I'm all excited!