Monday, September 12, 2011

before you go...

honestly i am not too terribly sad to see summer go. today on our afternoon walk i spotted three bright red leaves on the virginia creeper that lines our small street. my heart fluttered. there is a chill in the evening air. an i-need-to-put-on-my-handknit-sweater kind of chill. i really wish i had knit myself a shawl this summer.
 
i am ready for change. i need change. new hair, new clothes. different food, different mood. i am ready.
 
meanwhile we are keeping busy soaking up every last lingering second that summer has left. 

the last wildflower bouquet.

one more pedicure.
 

a final day spent playing on the river.


until next time...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Lovely pictures! I just went swimming for the first time this summer last weekend. Trying to get as much in as I can. I was very sick with a difficult pregnancy and housebound for July and most of August.
I am really enjoying our hot September and pretending it is still August on the weekends:)
Here is to making the most of it!